The coconut milk lover who doesn’t possess kitchen appliances like a blender anxiously waits for the research on how to make coconut milk without a blender and this blog is written especially for them.
Coconut is one of the versatile products which is produced and consumed all over the world. According to Statista coconut production in 2020 amounted to approximately 61.52 million metric tons.
The coconut tree is known as the tree of life. It is completely different from coconut oil or coconut water. It is milky- a white opaque liquid from the grated pulp of mature coconut flesh( that’s why it’s known as coconut milk).
It contains a total of 230 kilocalories which is:
- 68% water
- 24% total fat
- 6% carbohydrates
- 2% protein.
Let’s read briefly how to make coconut milk without a blender:
Methods: How to make coconut milk without a blender?
Coconut milk is considered one of the traditional foods used in Southeast Asia, Oceania, South Asia, and East Africa. It is also used for cooking in many countries like:
- West Africa
- Latin America
Coconut is an amazing food for consuming manganese, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, zinc, sodium, vitamin K, vitamin C, and many other important nutrients.
Making coconut milk without a blender is part of material culture from the ancient period. People are habitual of using coconut graters(also known as coconut scrapers) to extract coconut milk.
Coconut graters or Coconut scrapers consist of a low bench with a horizontal zigzagged disk affixed to one end. And how does it work? A person sits on the bench and continually grates the inner surface of halved coconut shells with both hands over the zigzagged disk.
The modern British invention of coconut graters contains zigzagged blades with a hand crank.
This method is still used in some places, the modern method of making coconut milk is with the help of a blender easily but what if your blender stops working at the time of making coconut milk or you cannot afford expensive blenders so you need to know how to make coconut milk without a blender. The steps of making coconut milk without a blender are mentioned below:
- coconut milk with a food processor
- extract coconut milk by hand
Coconut milk with a food processor
If you don’t own a kitchen blender, don’t fret. You can still enjoy coconut milk by using a food processor, of course, if you have one. A food processor is the best complimentary product to use instead of a blender. It will save time and make your activity easier. So the method of making coconut milk with the help of a food processor in the steps is mentioned below:
- First, wash the raw coconut properly.
- Crack the coconut to open and remove the coconut water from it.
- Now with the help of a knife, remove the coconut flesh well.
- Cut the coconut into small pieces.
- Put the pieces of coconut in a food processor.
- Process it well until it converts into the grated form.
- Now place the processed coconut into a large bowl and put half a bowl of hot water in it.
- With the help of a spoon, mix it well.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- It’s time to strain all the coconut milk with the help of a strainer.
- And your coconut milk is ready, use it for cooking or any other purposes.
If you think about How to make easy coconut milk, making coconut milk with the help of a food processor is the simplest method ever. And it will save you lots of time and energy. But a person who can not afford a blender definitely will not be able to purchase a food processor. So what that person can do? For him, how to make coconut milk without a blender is still a question. But we also research it well and below we have described this in detail:
Extract coconut milk by hands
Not possessing any kitchen appliances in this mechanical era is considered the hardest part of life. Your kitchen seems to be a mess, but it is not impossible to work without this luxury stuff. You can perform many activities without blenders such as you can make orange juice without a blender, you can crush ice without a blender and you can make coconut milk without a blender but how…how to make coconut milk without a blender?
So, you can make coconut milk by extracting it with the help of your hands.
Although it is time-consuming, it is the cheapest method of making coconut milk.
- First, remove the coconut fleshes.
- Hit the coconut with the hard substance to crack it well and extract the coconut water into a glass.
- Cut the coconut from the middle into two pieces. And then convert those two pieces into different long pieces.
- Use the grater or shredder to shred coconut well. It is the tool that you will own for your kitchen as it is worthy and affordable as well.
- Add some warm water to the grated coconuts.
- Leave it for some time.
- Now, put that in a clean piece of towel and squeeze this towel with your hands to extract coconut milk from it.
- Continue this procedure for all the grated coconut.
- And you are done with extracting coconut milk with the help of your hands.
- It’s time to enjoy coconut milk by putting it in your dishes.
This method of extracting coconut milk by your hands is a bit messy but it is the cheapest method and usable easily when you are out of kitchen appliances.
How can I extract coconut milk at home?
Making coconut milk with the food processor at home is too easy.
- Wash the raw coconut, crack it and open the coconut shell.
- Remove all the water from it and remove its flesh.
- Cut the coconut into small pieces.
- Put it in a food processor until it becomes grated.
- Place the grated coconut into the bowl of warm water and mix it well.
- Leave it for some time and then strain it well.
- Extract all the coconut milk with the help of a strainer and enjoy.
Can I blend the coconut with a blender?
You can surely blend the coconut with a blender but you need a blender with a pulse feature, sharp stainless steel blade sand with a high-power motor. The blender will help you blend coconut easily.
- Put the small pieces of coconut into the blender after removing it’s hard to cover and all the coconut water.
- Cover the blender and switch it on.
- My pressing pulse feature of the blender grates the coconut.
In this way, you can grate coconut with a blender.
The above-mentioned guide is totally about how to make coconut milk without a blender. But some people own blenders but don’t know how to make coconut milk with a blender. So the answer to your question is also available in the guide. Check Coconut milk with a food processor. Follow this method and just use a blender instead of a food processor to make coconut milk was with a blender.
Check our other recipes: