If you invest in a worthy kitchen appliance like blenders, you love it and want to use it as long as possible. For this purpose, maintenance of the blender is compulsory, and you are anxious to know: how to maintain your blender! And this guide is perfect for you
Blenders are commonly used to blend smoothies, puree food, or grind nuts, among other things. However, frequent use can lead to the accumulation of residue on the blender jar and blade assembly, which can affect the taste of your food and the performance of your blender. Proper cleaning and maintenance of your blender can help to prevent this buildup and ensure that your blender remains in good working condition for years to come.
Remember the basic rule of thumb,
“Your first and foremost duty to keep your blender maintained is to wash your blender promptly after every use.”Kitchenryitems.com
Precautions to take
As it said, precaution is better than cure, so you can keep your blender maintained by applying these precautions first, which will help you prevent any mishap and keep you safe from significant maintenance expenses. Below is the list of all possible precautions you should take to maintain your blender.
Use in a correct manner
Whenever you use your kitchen blender, use it properly.
- Don’t continually run the machine without any gap.
- Don’t let your machine overheat.
- Press the switches softly.
- Always focus on unusual signs or noises coming from the blender.
- Keep in mind to cover your blender lid before blending.
Clean after every use
Cleaning is the primary precaution to take if you want to keep your machine durable.
- Try to clean your blender after every use.
- Use vinegar water or baking soda to get rid of dirty smells.
- Keep your blender glowing by washing it with a dishwasher.
- Use a cleaning brush to clean the load of the blender.
- Clean the base of the blender with a towel correctly every time.
Follow the instruction book
You will always get an instruction book whenever you buy a blender for your beautiful kitchen.
- Before using your blender for the first time, read the instruction book thoroughly.
- Learn how the speed setting works.
- Learn what the unique feature of the blender is and how it works.
- Understand what you can blend in a blender.
- Check how to plug in the blender.
Assemble the blender correctly
Correctly assemble the blender before use; it will keep your blender safe from any extensive damage or severe harm.
- Proper assembling prevents the lid or pitcher from breaking.
- A correctly assembled blender will not create a jam.
- Incorrect assembling doesn’t let the blender work well.
- If your blender is not assembled correctly, it will not get locked.
- Your blender blade will come out while blending if you don’t correctly assemble the blender.
Don’t burden your blender
An overfilled glass will create a mess and fall every extra liquid beyond its capacity. Try not to overload your blender.
- If your blender can’t crush ice, then don’t crush ice in a blender.
- If your blender can not handle hard ingredients, it’s better to avoid them from blending.
- Cut the large pieces of food into small pieces.
- Use more liquid for dry ingredients.
- Divide your ingredients into small batches to avoid overload.
Keep the blender base away from the water
Cleaning your blender is necessary, but you can not put your blender base in the water because it has a motor, a blender, and all the control systems.
- Clean the blender base with a wet towel and then dry it.
- Use a cleaning brush to clean the stubborn stains.
- Use vinegar spray to get rid of the dirty smell.
- Store your blender base in a safe place.
- Always keep a piece of the towel under your blender base while using the blender.
Keep the sequence of food in mind
The sequence of the fruit in a blender plays a vital role. If you put all the complex food over the blades of the blender, then it will not let your blender work.
- Equalize the quantity of liquid and demand food.
- Avoid overloading the blender with dry ingredients only.
- Put frozen items with fry juice or water, always.
- If your blender can’t chop nuts, then it is better not to use your blender for this purpose.
Tips on How to maintain your blender?
Besides all the precautions mentioned above, your blender can still get the issues and need proper maintenance. In this guide, we also briefly describe all the possible tips and tricks on how to maintain your blender.
If your blender still creates an issue while blending, then there must be an issue with your blender, and it needs examination. Check appropriately whether any damages occur to your blender or not.
- If your blender is electrocuted, look for tears and snags in the cord.
- Before blending, make sure your pitcher is not broken or cracked.
- Examine the blades that are not bent or dull.
- Check the switches of your blender and all the other control switches.
- Make sure the lid of your blender is not broken or cracked.
After precautions, monthly blender maintenance is also necessary for excellent performance. Look at the list to know what is included in the monthly maintenance.
- Do proper oiling in your blender motor.
- Change your blender blades if needed.
- Replace the cord of the blender if damaged.
- Clean your blender thoroughly.
- Take the blender to the maintenance shop for examination.
Just like your hair needs proper oiling, your blender also needs oiling once a week.
- Put machine oil in the blades of the blender to keep your blender blades sharp.
- Do oiling in the blender base for better performance of the blender.
- Don’t put too much oil to avoid making your blender greasy.
- Use a dropper to oil in the blender.
Care for blender blades
Blender blades need more attention than any other part of the blender. You can increase the life of your blender by just replacing or taking care of your blender blades properly.
- If the blender blades do not rotate, check the motor is perfectly plugged in.
- If your blender is plugged in, but still your blades are not rotating, then unscrew the blades from the blender and check whether any food particle is stuck in the blender or not.
- If your blender blades get torn, then replace them immediately.
- If your blender blades get bent, replace them with new ones for better performance.
- If the blades get dull, better sharpen them and then use them.
Fix leaking issue
Sometimes, your blender suddenly starts leaking when you pour liquid into it. Promptly empty the blender and check for the issue and do proper maintenance.
- The absence of a gasket can be the reason behind the leaking blender.
- There is a possibility of a broken pitcher.
- Your blender is leaking because the bottom of your pitcher gets loosened, creating a gap between the blender and the base.
- If your blender blades are not properly fixed, it will also create a leakage issue.
Why is the blender not working?
Any morning you find out suddenly your blender is not working, then there can multiple reasons that your blender needs maintenance. Check for the below-mentioned reasons.
- If you forget to plug in the blender, then your blender will not work.
- If you put any dry ingredients, your blender will create an issue in blending.
- Maybe you didn’t lock your blender correctly.
- Read the guidebook to learn how to run the blender.
- Maybe any part of your blender got damaged and needs to be repaired.
How do you maintain the parts of a blender?
Sometimes, the only problem in the blender is with the parts of the blenders that need replacement or maintenance. It is wise to spend on a new blender than to replace any part of the blender to cut off your high cost(blender parts cost +service cost) but if you still want to look for maintaining parts of a blender, then read below:
Must check your blender pitcher whenever you go for your blender maintenance. If it is cracked, replace it to avoid any mess in the future, and if it is broken, you need to compulsorily change it. Your blender pitcher can not be repaired; the only option is to change it.
Blender blades need proper care and maintenance. You should put oil in the blender, check for the bent blades and repair them or replace them; if your blender blades are broken, then change them immediately; if blades get rusty, clean the rust if possible, and sharpen them for better performance.
The blender base is the primary part of the blender. Take care of it; don’t put it in the dishwasher; clean it with a soft towel, store it in a safe place, change the switch in the blender base if needed, and use the variable settings carefully.
You can not use a blender if you misplace your blender cove rid or your blender lid gets broken or cracked. So, use the cover lid carefully and wash it with a cleaning brush to clean it properly and repair it instantly.
Sometimes your press your blender speed switches too hard, and then you have no choice, and you need to replace them with a new one, or your blender cord gets burnt in the switch; it also needs repairing in that situation.
How do you make a blender last longer?
To keep your blender last long, you must use it with complete care and maintain it every month. Replace every part of your blender which needs replacement and do proper oiling. Only put that food in the blender, which your blender can blend. Don’t overload your blender.
How to properly use a blender?
Read the instruction book you get with your blender to properly use a blender. Lock your blender before blending if it has that feature, cover the lid adequately, and don’t crush ice in any regular blender, don’t blend frozen fruits in a standard blender, and take care of maintenance once a month.
Why is a blender proper for households?
Blender is a versatile kitchen appliance that performs numerous kitchen activities within a minute.
- You can make delicious smoothies with the help of a blender.
- You can make tomato paste to cook quick dishes.
- You can make creamy soups and whipping cream with the help of a blender.
What should you not put in a blender?
Every blender has different features. Some can crush ice, but some can not, and their blades get dull or broken if you are ice with it, so it is better not to put ice in every type of blender. Similarly, some blenders can not perform well for frozen fruit smoothies, so try not to put frozen items in those blenders. Don’t bond dry or hard ingredients with the help of your blenders.
How to store the blender?
If you use a blender regularly, it is better to keep it on your countertop for easy use on the towel, but if you use it rarely, then better keep it in your kitchen cabinet. It will not get any dust and will be stored in space from other items so that no part of the blender gets damaged.
When you invest your spending in high-quality and professional kitchen appliances like blenders, you need to maintain them regularly for their better performance, durability, and stability. For this purpose, you must know how to maintain your blender perfectly. This guy is the best for you to explore all the tips and techniques used to maintain your blender so that you can easily use it for your various kitchen activities.