For a beautifully clean kitchen, you need to keep your kitchen appliances well and immersion blenders are mostly used kitchen appliances in almost every kitchen which makes you think Is an immersion blender dishwasher safe?
Uses of an immersion blender
Immersion blenders are versatile blenders with amazing designs that will not need a high space in your kitchen. They are easy to operate and easy to use. They are lighter in weight and budget-friendly as well.
- You can make a quick puree with the help of immersion blenders.
- You can use immersion blenders for making thick creamy soups or yummy sauces.
- You can make delicious smoothies with the help of immersion blenders quickly.
- Immersion blenders are also helpful in making batter for desserts and other baking items.
- You can use immersion blenders for daily breakfast dishes or other breakfast foods.
Immersion blenders are hand or stick blenders used to perform various kitchen activities in a short time and with little effort. It is an affordable kitchen appliance and is used to immerse ingredients well. It is designed in a way that a decent stick contains a motor and control system at one end and four sharp blades at the other end. Some immersion blenders facilitate you to remove the blade side from the motor side but some blenders are attached to it in a way that cannot be disassembled. So Is an immersion blender dishwasher safe?
Yes, immersion blenders are dishwasher safe but you need to be a little careful while cleaning them because if you submerge them in water then your blender motor will damage so make sure not to soak immersion blenders completely into the water for cleaning purposes.
It is recommended to always read the manual book first of every immersion blender you buy to check if the model you buy is dishwasher safe or not.
Read below to seek a step-by-step guide on how to clean immersion blenders:
How to clean immersion blenders?
After exploring Is an immersion blender dishwasher safe you need to know how to clean it. Cleaning an immersion blender is a pretty easy task. You don’t need more time or energy, it is just a ten minutes job. And if your immersion blender’s motor side part and blade part is removable then it is easier to clean the immersion blender. The steps on how to clean the immersion blenders are given below:
If your immersion blender can not be disassembled
If you can not remove your blender blades part from the motor part then you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure your immersion blender is unplugged.
- Take a wide-opening glass and fill it with warm water.
- Add some dishwasher with the water in the glass.
- Put your immersion blender shaft into that glass for about one minute.
- Remove the shaft from the glass and use a cleaning brush to remove the fruit chunks.
- Rinse the shaft with water and air dry it well.
Related Post: What are substitutes for immersion blenders?
If your immersion blender can be disassembled
If your blender can be disassembled then follow these steps:
- Unplug the immersion blender and remove the blender shaft.
- Now take a bowl and add some water to it.
- Also, add a dishwasher to it and mix well.
- Put your blender shaft in this water and let it soak for at least two minutes, if your blender has dirty sticky stuff stuck on it then better to soak for more time.
- Now remove the shaft for the soak and use a cleaning brush to remove substances.
- Rinse the immersion blender with water well and then air dry it carefully.
Are KitchenAid immersion blenders and dishwashers safe?
KitchenAid immersion blenders are rechargeable Lithium batteries with high performance. It is easy to charge and contains 4 points of stainless steel blade used to make soups, hummus, sauces, etc. This blender is dishwasher safe but be careful not to put the motor base part into the water. The parts of the KitchenAid blender which can be clean are:
- Pan guard
- Chopper bowl and blade
- Blender jar, lid, and pitcher.
Can you soak an immersion blender?
Sometimes when you use an immersion blender for any sticky ingredients like peanut butter or almond butter then your immersion blender needs to be soaked. So you can soak your blender shaft without any hustle but be careful not to soak the base motor part of the immersion blender to avoid any damage to your blender.
Are immersion blenders easy to clean?
Yes, immersion blenders are pretty easy to use and clean. If your blender shaft is removable then you can easily soak your immersion blender in the soapy water and clean it with a cleaning brush and then rinse it but if your immersion blender is not removable to your shaft then you need to be a bit careful not to put water in your blender base part.
Are Vitamix immersion blenders and dishwashers safe?
Vitamin immersion blenders are highly professional blenders and it is not dishwasher safe. You need to disassemble the blender first to clean it properly. Clean the blade part as said bottom part of the blender with soapy water and rinse well while you need to use a damp towel to clean the upper part of the Vitamix immersion blender.
Can you clean a Cuisinart immersion blender?
According to the manual book of Cuisinart immersion blenders, they are not dishwasher safe but you need to clean them after every use. For this purpose, remove the blender shaft for the power handle and clean it with your hands using a cleaning brush.
How to take apart an immersion blender?
Taking apart an immersion blender is not rocket science. Handle the upper part of your immersion blender with one hand and the lower part with another hand. Slightly move the bottom part and twist it downward. In this way, you can remove your blender shaft from the blender motor.
Immersion blenders are the most widely used kitchen appliances in almost every house. But if you think of buying one for yourself, you must know about Is an immersion blender dishwasher safe or not? This guide is the true answer to this question and in this guide, we also mentioned how to clean an immersion blender.