Many questions need to be answered before experimenting with it to avoid any damage or mishap to your expensive kitchen appliances. Among those questions, one is Can you put soda in a blender? So this guide is all about solving your query in detail.
Question: Can you put soda in a blender?
Yes, you can surely put soda in a blender without worrying much. You can also put any carbonated drink or sparkling water into the blender for the purpose of blending. If you want to make ice cream soda, or any type of soda drink whenever you are thirsty then you can use your blender for this purpose without any hassle.
The blending cycle or blending activity reduces the carbonation from your drinks after blending them because it removes all the carbon dioxide from your drinks while blending the drink at its peak with the high-speed blades. So it is better to put soda after blending other ingredients if you like sodalicious drinks most.
There are some useful tips if you want to blend soda or carbonated drinks into the blender. These are as follows:
Precautions to be taken….
It is safe to put soda or carbonated drinks into the blender to blend but it is advised to keep some precautions in mind. These precautions are listed below:
- Whenever you blend any soda or carbonated drink into the blender don’t remove the lid immediately but wait for a few minutes to settle your drinks and all the carbonated gas to sit otherwise your content will come out from the blender and your countertop gets dirty.
- If you love carbonated drinks then better blend all the ingredients first into the blender and remove the mixture from the blender after that put soda over it because blender blades reduce all the pressure and turn your carbonated drink into a simple liquid.
- Don’t refill your blender with carbonated drinks. It’s better to fill half the blender and blend the other half in the next batch.
- Avoid putting wine, champagne, or any other harmful carbonated drink into your recipes which can cause unpredictable explosions or mess while blending.
There are some soda recipes that you should try:
Recipes for soda drinks
There are many sodas including recipes that you can make. It includes milkshakes, smoothies, cocktails, etc. Some of the recipes are given below:
Ice cream soda
Cream soda is a sweetened soda recipe that includes a large amount of cream and it tastes delicious:
- Take 2 tbsp of vanilla extract, ¾ cup of sugar, and ¾ cup of water with soda water for making this drink carbonated.
- Heat the sugar until it gets dissolved and then remove it from heat and add vanilla extract in it and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Put the syrup into the blender then pour some water with soda water as well.
- Blend well until all the mixture gets mixed and enjoy your cream soda.
Grapefruit chamomile soda
The sour yet delicious recipe is as follows:
- Put two cups of grapefruit juice into the blender with one cup of sugar.
- Add the desired amount of water and soda water to it.
- Blend well.
- Mix chilled chamomile tea in it and enjoy it well.
There are some features that you should consider in the blender before making carbonate drinks in it. These features are mentioned below:
Basic features of blender for carbonated drinks
All blenders with a vented lid that can release the pressure of carbonated drinks are perfect for making soda or carbonated drinks in the blender. The other feature to be considered is the speed of the blender. The variable speed helps to get desired results anytime without any hassle. And if your blenders are durable then it will be a plus for you.
Related Posts: Can you make whipped cream in a blender
Best blenders for soda drinks
No doubt Vitamix is one of the best blenders for any kind of carbonated or soda drink. It is a pretty expensive blender but it is worth buying. It has great durability with amazing features as it contains variable speed settings, quality material, sharp hard stainless steel blades, a powerful motor, a highly professional motor base, and good capacity. It has a vented lid as well. You can use this blender to make soda slushies, soda smoothies, ice cream sodas, etc.
How to make a soda drink in a blender
There are some simple steps you need to follow while you want to make soda drinks in the blender:
- Put any kind of flavor like apple juice or peach juice into the blender.
- Pour some water and sugar if you want a sweetened taste.
- Blend it well until it gets mixed well.
- Pour some chilled soda on top of the stuff and add some ice cubes as well.
- Enjoy your delicious soda drink.
Can I put soda in my smoothies?
Yes, you can put soda in your smoothies if you want to make soda smoothies like you can try apple soda smoothies.
- Take some apples and put them into the blender.
- Pour some milk and sugar for sweetening.
- Blend well.
- Add some chilled soda water on the top to get an apple soda smoothie.
What happens if you put soda in a blender?
If your blender has a vented lid then nothing will happen due to soda in the blender. But if your blender doesn’t contain any vented lid then you need to be careful after blending your content. Don’t remove the lid immediately, it will waste all of your stuff and make your kitchen messy. The other thing you will face is that blending soda drinks will release all the pressure from your drinks and you need to put soda from above again.
Can you put soda and ice cream in a blender?
You can make delicious ice cream soda in a blender without any worries but be careful you need to put chilled soda after blending the stuff to make it a soda drink because the blender releases all the carbonated pressure from any carbonated drink and converts it into a simple liquid.
This guide is all about: Can you put soda in a blender or not? And the answer we concluded from the above guide is yes you can put soda in a blender and can make any soda drink into the blender without any hassle but you need to be extra careful and should take some precautions before conducting this activity.